TRB EMS Safety Subcommittee ANB10 (5)
***2014 TRB January 16th EMS Safety Subcommittee Meeting***
The 2014 TRB EMS Subcommittee Meeting will be held on January 16th, 2014, at the DC TRB Conference, this meeting is gratis and held on site at the Keck Center and also accessible online globally via live Webinar link.
When: Thursday, January 16, 2014 8:00-12:30 EST
Onsite - at the Keck Center - Room 103 - 500, 5th St. NW, Washington, DC 20001
Judiciary Square Metro stop on the red line Gallery Place Chinatown stop on green & yellow line
Here is the January 2014 Subcommittee Meeting Agenda
Info for virtual participation in January 16th 8AM-12PM USA EST Subcommittee Meeting:
To join Online- https://www1.gotomeeting.com/join/533183016
Use your mic and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended
Or, call in using your telephone Dial +1 (619) 550-0000
Access Code: 533-183-016
Audio PIN: Shown after joining the meeting
Meeting ID: 533-183-016
or scan this QR code with your smartphone or iPad - to join in the meeting gratis from ANYWHERE in the world
TRB ANB10(5) EMS Safety Subcommittee is an interdisciplinary committee that shares a common interest in advancing EMS and Medical Transportation Safety Research, the subcommittee is Chaired by Nadine Levick MD, MPH, and was established in 2007 and first met January 2008. It is convened under the auspices of the Transportation Research Board of the National Academies of Science, Medicine and Engineering. The Transportation Research Board of the National Academies meets annually in Washington DC in January for its annual symposium. During this meeting the Subcommittees have formal meetings.
Active participation on the TRB EMS Safety Subcommittee is encouraged for all with an interest in advancing EMS Safety Research and Practice, participation is gratis.
Please complete this ANB10(5) sign up form should you be interested to join or be active in the Subcommittee. If you have any questions regarding the TRB's EMS activities, please contact us and we'll get back to you as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
For virtual access - Keep in mind the following:
* After you click on the link to load the session, please use your first name and last name to login - we need to identify you for the questions and answers sessions
* Java will update and start your session - this may take a few minutes.
* If Explorer blocks the file download, click on 'Download file' link.
* If an error box saying it cannot open the link comes up, you need to install Java first (free from http://www.java.com/en/download/)
* The eye button in the top menu starts your video box. Streaming videos will not be seen by webinar viewers. Presentations in their entirety will be available on the website after the meeting.
* The audio section bottom left controls your audio receive and send. You can just listen in, or also connect a microphone to talk in the session if you wish. However, this will be controlled by the Moderator. Your MICROPHONES should be turned off (to prevent echo feedback) until you require it.
* The text chatbox is left middle - you can type text in that will come up on everyone's screen. The Moderator will interrupt the speaker at an opportune time to ask your question. Questions are encouraged!
Not at your computer? Click the link to join this meeting from your iPhoneŽ, iPadŽ or AndroidŽ device via the GoToMeeting app.
1. Registration 8:00 -8.15 AM
2. Opening Remarks - Nadine Levick and Eileen Frazer 8:15 - 8:30 AM
3. Subcommittee Meeting 8:30 - 9:45 AM
3.2 Review and Approval of Minutes from 2013
3.3 Review of Subcommittee activities 2013
3.4 Sub-committee work program updates:
3.4.1 Ambulance Transport Safety Summit 2015
3.4.2 Research Needs Statements - Research Topics Database
3.4.3 Administrative issues
126.96.36.199 Liaison organizations
188.8.131.52 TRB Changes/Communications/Website
184.108.40.206 2015 TRB Session Topics and Calls for Papers
3.5 EMS National Updates - 9:45 - 10.15 AM
3.5.1 NASEMSO MRAVD
3.5.2 EMS Culture of Safety Study
3.5.4 NAEMT Safety Course Update
3.5.5 Federal Projects
4 BREAK 10:15 to 10:30 AM
5 Standards and Guidelines Update 10:30-10:45 AM
6 New Technologies, Innovation - and You! 10:45-11:45 AM
6.1 Wireless patient monitoring
6.2 Transportation Human Factors update
6.3 The INDEMO Project
6.4 Tech Innovation from Rettmobil 2013
7 Research Needs 11:45- 12:00PM
Adjourn for lunch to Keck Center cafe 12:00PM